This week we have an insightful episode with Thomas Maynard, Senior Vice President at the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC). We sat down to discuss trends in office site selection, a space he lives in every week.
We asked Thomas: Who are the key players and what questions are they asking? Here’s a taste of what he reported:
What Businesses are Asking:
– What incentives will I qualify for?
– How much will this cost?
– What are the amenities in the surrounding areas?
What Site Selectors are Asking:
– What other similar companies are in the area?
– What is the labor pool like and what is the market for salaries?
– Will my client be able to scale?
Here are a few of my key takeaways:
1. Incentives are a hot topic, but it all comes down to the ability to recruit top talent and labor.
2. 10,000-20,000 SF groups are the most common sized office prospects for GPEC currently (this is better than this time last year).
3. Time Zones Matter.
Click the video below to listen to the 10-minute interview. We would love to hear your thoughts.